words and stuff

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

fuckingshitfuckcunt



If I could put in a bag all the hours I've spent waiting for you
I'd have time in my pocket to write a letter
and tell you why I don't want to wait any more.


If I could keep all the minutes spent
waiting for coffee and words to percolate
I'd tell you why I can't tell you why I can't sleep any more.


If I had a second for every song that made me cry
I'd put them on your tape and leave it by your bed
so that you'd know why I won't listen to you any more.


But time is like soap
and effort is like dope -
it springs from my hands;
it makes me someone else.


You know that I'll sit and let it slip.




fuckingshitfuckcunt

4 comments:

  1. 'Time is like soap'--> brilliant line. And I loved the detail of not being able to sleep anymore. Sort of tossed in with the rest of these jagged pieces of glass, but soft and full of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Perfect confluence of concepts, particularly in the first stanza: hours waited = hours needed to write the letter = extent of dissatisfaction with waiting.

    fuckingshitfuckcunt indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. Funnily enough, this sprung out of a letter I wrote to myself in frustration at my writer's block. The original had many more oddly-placed expletives, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thaaaats nice, dear.
    You gonna say THAT
    when you're six-feet-
    umder and you're gonna
    be judged by Jesus?
    Doesnt matter if you atheist:
    that just puts you
    futherNfurther away
    from the AXIOMATIC Truth.
    Better think summore and
    wiseabove to where Iam4IAM.
    I dont wanna lose you, babe.
    Cya soon where I shall kiss
    thy feets if you so desire.
    HintHint
    NudgeNudge
    PokePokemon... we'll getta gobbsa games, 2
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete